Family-to-Family Education Program (Aug 23-Nov 8, 2018)
WHAT: The NAMI Family-to-Family is a free, 12-session educational program for family, significant others and friends of people living with mental illness. It is a designated evidenced-based program. Research shows that the program significantly improves the coping and problem-solving abilities of the people closest to an individual living with a mental health condition.
NAMI Family-to-Family is taught by NAMI-trained family members who have been there, and includes presentations, discussion and interactive exercises.
WHEN: August 23, 2018 through November 8, 2018 class 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. (Thursdays)
WHERE: Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida
HOW: You must register to attend. Complete the registration form by following the link at https://namilee.org/programs/family/.
What does the course include?
- How to manage crises, solve problems and communicate effectively
- Taking care of yourself and managing your stress
- Developing the confidence and stamina to provide support with compassion
- Finding and using local supports and services
- Up-to-date information on mental health conditions and how they affect the brain
- Current treatments, including evidence-based therapies, medications and side effects
- The impact of mental illness on the entire family